Technology plays a fundamental role in the transformation of companies in the food sector. The implementation of intelligent and efficient production systems in the food sector allow better use of resources, minimizing possible manufacturing errors and achieving significant cost savings.
In addition, the current concern about caring for the environment has caused the food manufacturing industry to adapt in order to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions and avoid massive consumption of water and energy .
Table of Contents
The food sector and its adaptation to Industry 4.0
The term “Food Industry 4.0” is heard more and more every day . It is a concept that arises to respond to an interconnected environment that is committed to flexible and efficient production , the integration of the hyperconnected consumer into innovation processes , collaborative value chains and better adaptation to the environment. All aspects of food production can benefit from advanced technologies.
Operational Intelligence and food manufacturing advantages
In order to maintain competitiveness in the current market, it is essential for companies in the food sector to implement systems that support real-time data analysis and the automation of responses that allow processes to be quickly adapted to the conditions detected.
- In this sense, in Food we find many areas in which the adoption of Operational Intelligence systems offers important competitive advantages.
- One of the advantages is a higher Energy Efficiency .
- Through the implementation of Operational Intelligence tools such as IDboxRT , companies in the food sector achieve intelligent management of their energy, through a dynamic administration of distribution networks, the detection of the «Golden Batch» , the prediction of consumption and the production planning.
- Process optimization has been successfully demonstrated with IDboxRT. Advanced process controls (APC), the detection and adjustment of deviations through ML and the manual adjustment of setpoints can be carried out as a direct consequence of the real-time detection of complex scenarios that affect the production process of a company in the manufacturing sector food.
- Quality management is another of the advantages achieved with the implementation of Operational Intelligence tools such as IDboxRT.
- The characteristics of the system allow the implementation of statistical process control concepts, such as the calculation of parameters associated with the SPC (Cp-Cpk, Pp, Ppk, Ca…), the representation of control charts in real time and the definition of tests on the themselves.
Automation is key to speeding up processes, requiring less labor and detecting possible improvements to be made. Automation has repercussions at all levels, but especially in the competitiveness of companies thanks to a better use of resources and, of course, in their environmental and social regulatory compliance.
Also Read: ISO full form
Benefits of automation in the food industry
With the digital transformation in the food industry , new competitors, new technologies and demands have arisen in the operation of their work processes. The digitization of the sector has changed the way in which the industry carries out its processes, services and business.
The IoT and artificial intelligence are helping companies achieve high levels of food safety, improve traceability, reduce waste, and reduce costs and risks at various stages of food processing and packaging.
The main objective of the food industry is to supply hygienic and high quality food to the final consumer. The quality and hygiene of food and beverages depend on how food and beverages are preserved before they reach the consumer’s container. When storing putrescible products such as dairy products, meat, etc., we need to maintain sufficient temperature and humidity.
Automation and digital transformation of the Food Industry
Through the implementation of new technologies , optimal management of production processes is achieved, making them safer, of higher quality and in less time. Among the benefits obtained in the food industry through the implementation of technological solutions, we can highlight:
Improvement of the efficiency of the processes :
- Reduction of OPEX and energy consumption, through the analysis and prediction of energy consumption.
Increased production at lower costs and reductions in energy consumption.
- Improved traceability and visibility of each of the jobs carried out in the manufacturing plant.
- Reduction of the carbon footprint.
- Reduction in downtime and early detection of failures and agility in the face of possible corrections .
- Availability of data in real time of the key indicators of the manufacturing process.
- Global view of efficiency losses during the manufacturing process .
- Improving the accuracy of tasks to avoid human errors and optimize resources.
- Improve plant availability, comparing performance between different plants, processes, machines, etc.
Total quality control of industrial production
- Exhaustive control of the climatology, temperature, humidity, etc.
- Activation of alarms and notifications.
- Streamline decision-making on energy efficiency .
- Optimization of resolution times with preventive and corrective maintenance .
The automation of plant processes and the implementation of intelligent and efficient production systems bring great benefits to the food industry , greatly allowing them to make better use of their resources, minimizing possible manufacturing errors and achieving significant cost savings.
Also Read: Fix Showbox Server Error