If you are unable to uncrumple your scanned documents in Adobe Photoshop. Then, read this article providing different methods to fix this issue within minutes.
Have you ever had a document that was crumpled and you wanted to look like it was brand new? If you want your printed documents to look like they were scanned, you need to straighten them out. Original documents that have already been digitized can be printed again with no problem. And official documents like educational mark sheets, certificates, and diplomas should never be changed because it’s probably against the law no matter where you live.
The goal of this tutorial is to show you how to straighten out your documents, which may have things like patterns or text that are hard to make again. You might also want to digitize and fix sentimental documents, like handwritten birthday cards and personal notes, etc. So that you can save them safely and permanently as well as print them whenever you want. For such cases, you can also consider using other document scanners for Windows as well. But if you already have Adobe Photoshop, then keep reading this article to learn how to do it best.
Method To Uncrumple Scanned Documents In Photoshop
Below are some steps that will help you uncrumple your scanned documents in Adobe Photoshop.
Step1: Use A Camera Or Scanner
The first thing to think about is if you want to use a camera or a scanner. You will have to use your phone if you do not have a scanner. The good news is that the cameras on many smartphones can scan documents. Once you have decided which tool to use, you will need to get the crumpled paper ready.
Step2: Prepare The Document
You can get the best results from your document in Photoshop by doing a few simple things. Just figure out what’s wrong with the document and do what you need to do to fix it.
The best thing for dealing with crumpled papers would be to try as best you can to straighten them out. But if your document has any fold lines, you need to make sure to get rid of them first. Use these ideas to try to get rid of the fold lines on your documents.
- After you’ve tried to straighten out the paper as much as you can, put it under your bed for the night.
- If you have an iron, you can carefully iron out the wrinkles. Don’t set fire to the paper!
- Put a stack of books on top of the paper and leave it there for a few hours.
If a file looks good, it will be easier to fix it in Photoshop.
Step3: Text Selection
This is the main way that most crumpled papers can be fixed. We’ll use Photoshop’s Color Range feature to pick out the text. Then, for the presentation, we’ll copy the text onto a new piece of paper.
You can choose a blank piece of typing paper or a physical piece of paper that you will have to scan or take a picture of. Or it can be a digital version that already exists. To select the text follow the instructions below:
- Upload your crumpled documents into the Adobe Photoshop
- Click the Padlock icon to unlock the document layer
- Navigate to the File, then go to the Place Embedded
- Select the files that you want to scan, then select a location to save them
- To cover the Document layer, hold the Shift key and then drag and drop the handles. Then, press the Enter key
- Now, drag the paper layer under the Document layer in the Layers section
- After selecting the Document layer, select the Color Range
- In the Color Range menu, select the Shadows option
- On the Selection Preview, change it to Grayscale
- Adjust the Range sliders and Fuzziness to select the text and then Press the OK button
- Create a mask on the Document layer by clicking on the Mask icon.
Step4: Final Editing
Now, you will have a dark image of your document and in order to make it a good looking page, we need to brighten the paper and darken the text. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Click on the Document layer and then create the Curves adjustment layer
- To join the Document and Curves adjustment layers, make a Clipping Mask. Then, right-click on the Document layer section and select the Properties option from the list.
- On the Properties window, drag and drop the top-right handle down
- Now, select the bottom paper layer and create a Curves adjustment layer
- To join the Curves adjustment layer and bottom paper layer, create a new Clipping Mask
- Drag and drop the left-side handle to brighten up the paper in the Propeties window
And there you have it now you will have a good looking digital image of the hardcopy of your document.
We hope the steps and instructions mentioned above in this post have helped you to Uncrumple your documents by scanning them in Photoshop. If you have any further doubts or queries regarding the same, you can always share them with us in the comments section below.